10.6.06

In the jungle, the mighty jungle...

Agandi! (greeting in Run-Yan-Kore)
So, a couple of hours ago we got back from Queen Elizabeth Game Park.  It was sooooo cool!!!!!  We got there yesterday and we went on a game drive last night, a game drive this morning and a boat ride through the Kasinga channel (I'm not exactly sure how to spell it, but that's close enough.)  While we were on all of those game rides we saw lots of Warthogs, Uganda Kob, Monkeys, Hippos, Elephants, Water Buffalo, Water Bucks, Mongoose, Birds, Forest Hogs....I think that's it. In between seeing all of those amazing creatures we ate some amazing food!!! (If you know me then you know that food is a definite highlight!)  Oh man, there's too many details to remember.  Anyways, let me back track a few days and update y'all on what's happened since I last wrote.
 
Let's start with Wednesday.  When we got up we went with my dad and Mr. Forrester to the pastor's conference to hear and participate in their worship.  It was awesome! The pastor's were sooo passionate when they worship! They dance and sign and everything.  Of course when you hear that music I have no idea how you can't dance. Anyways.  After that we went prayer walking with Spencer, a journeyman here, into a University area that he's ministering in. We split up into groups of 2, so Courtney Johnson and I were in a group walking inbetween the others. That was a great time.  It was so cool to be walking there and praying for the people.  I hope it has an impact on that area.  After prayer walking we continued and we climbed up this mountain!! I think that was my favorite part of Wednesday.  After we got to the top and talked for a little while we just sat in silence. Never underestimate the power of silence. It was awesome.   We could sit up there and look over all of Mbarara!  After getting down the mountain, we went back hom, cleaned up and went to a women's conference that Pamm Muzslay was leading.  It was really cool!  At the beginning we had a time of worship that was beautiful.  After all that we came back home to the Peppers and had dinner and such, then we went to Rihika(????)
 
On Thursday we got ready and Courtney and I went with my mom over to help with the card making.  If you've been around my mom at all the past few weeks you've probably heard her talking about it.  A group of HIV positive people called "Go and Make Disciples," are making cards with line drawings and african fabric as a source of income, and my mom is helping them.  That was really cool.  While we were there Courtney and I were taking pictures, and this one lady came up to us and said "You have 2 cameras?" And we said yes, because Courtney and I each had a camera.  So she said "Tomorrow, you give me one.  You have 2 and I have none, so you give me one." There was sort of nervous laughter. That's just how they talk here.You give me your jacket.  You give me your camera.  It's difference, that's for sure. After card making we were on our way home and we got a call from Larry Pepper and he said that they got a flat tire, and there was no spare tire in the car.  So that was a 2 hour ordeal.  Trying to find them and then get the tire and everything.  It was interesting.  After  that we went to Friends Corner and had local food.  Of course it was like 3:30 by now, so they were out of a lot of stuff.  I had  Chipati, rice, goat stew and a Stony (really strong ginger-ale) to drink.  From there we went to the womens thing, then home for dinner.

Friday we prayer walked through the new AIDS Clinic at the hospital.  I was with Larry, Pamm and Courtney.  That was really cool just being with Larry as we walked through there, because he knew everything that was going on inside the walls of the wards.  He really knows. From there we got our stuff and headed out for the game park.  See beginning of the post.  So, that's the news for now.  This is Jenna Creech, reporting to you live from Mbarara, Uganda!
Amo, Jenna 

No comments: