25.6.06

Phroneo Christou

The attitude of Christ. That was the theme for this past week's Student Life camp. It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best year of Student Life so far, at least for me. The worship was led by Steve Fee and his band. They were awesome and very talented. My story about camp, well the main story about camp from me is this. The first night we got there Steve Fee led us in Chris Tomlin's song "How Great Is Our God," and as we were singing I started realizing that no matter what happens, God is still great. I didn't really have any time to recuperate after Africa and finding out that my dog died when I got home on Saturday, I was really like not all there. But when we sang that song I realized that God is still great no matter what I'm going through. Different things throughout the week kept coming up and reminding me of that. Even until the last sermon on the last night. Greg quoted Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Still emphasizing that same fact. I thought that that was pretty awesome. Greg Pinkner was the speaker and he was really really good. He got to the point and told really good stories. It actually turns out that he knew Jerry Ball and he had come to speak at our church before!!! What a small world?!?!?! Speaking of a "small world"......I saw this girl and her brother that I recognized there and after a couple days I realized that I knew them from sometime in Oaxaca last year. So when I got back I asked Courtney Johnson about them and it turns out that they were the Johnson's COUSINS!!!!!!!! How crazy?!?!?!? Oh, and our family group was SWEET!!!! Usually they like mix churches and stuff, but in ours it was just me, Elliott (because we were roommates), Ryan Horne, Weston Waldo, Michael Asp and our leaders. Our leaders were these 3 people from a church in Lake Jackson. Alissa, Nick (they were brother and sister), and Grant. They were pretty awesome people. Ha, we had a cheer because on the first day we made up a name by saying random words and picking them out of a hat. We ended up being Peanut Bubble Love. Our cheer was.....drumroll please...."We are peanut-peanut-peanut-peanut, we are bubble-bubble-bubble-bubble, we are love-love-love-love, we are Peanut Bubble Love! Yeah." I think that family group was probably my favorite part of camp. Just because we knew the youth, so they knew what we were talking about, but we didn't really know the leaders, so it gave us a chance to get to know some people. Yeah, so the whole camp experience was pretty awesome. Oh yeah, and most of our church was on the orange squad, so to end off this post I'll tell you the cheer and post some pictures. But first you have to know the motions. *make an o shape with your arms above your head* ORANGE! *throw your arms out.* ORANGE! ORANGE! ORANGE! YOU DON'T WANT NONE! ORANGE! YOU DON'T WANT NONE! ORANGE! YOU DON'T WANT NONE! ORANGE! *guys* YOU MIGHT WALK OVER! *girls* BUT YOU'RE LIMPING BACK! *guys* YOU MIGHT WALK OVER! *girls* BUT YOU'RE LIMPING BACK! *guys* YOU MIGHT WALK OVER! *girls* BUT YOU'RE LIMPING BACK! O-R-A-N-G-E CRUSH!

This is the speaker, Greg Pinker. He was great.

This was our orange squad leader. He was quite energetic.

This is Steve Fee and his bass player. Sweet.

This was our family group. From top left in a clockwise circle: Ryan Horne, Michael Asp, Grant, Nick, Weston Waldo, Elliott Marsh, Alissa, ME!!! Awesome people.

So, that's it!!!!! If you want more stories, you'll have to talk to me personally.

Amo, Jenna :-)

No comments: