4.1.08

It's 2008...

Oh, I guess they'll say I've grown
I know more than I wanted to know
I've said more than I wanted to say
I'm heading home
Yeah, but I'm not so sure that home is a place
You can still get to by train
So I'm looking out the window
And I'm drifting off to sleep
With my face pressed up against the pane
With the rhythm of my heart
And the ringing in my ears
It's the rhythm of the southbound train
...
Oh, I guess they'll say I should've known
Or maybe I'm just feeling old
Like a lawyer with no one to blame
I'm headed home
Yeah, but I'm not so sure that home is a place
That will ever be the same
That's selections from Jon Foreman's song "Southbound Train." I've been listening to this as I reflect on the last year and a half. On how many things have happened that I never could have guessed; how I had no idea what was going to happen between July 2006 and January 2008, and I had no control over a lot of it. In the same way we really have no idea what's gonna happen in this next year, nor is it up to us at all. We're just here to make the best of what we've got. Sometimes that's harder than others, a lot harder. I'll admit that I've failed at that lots of times over the last year. A lot of times I wish I was just at a different place and a different time, with different people, under different circumstances. But I can't be in two places at once and I can't teleport (even though that would be sweet) or freeze time like Hiro Nakumura. I also found that when you just let go and go with where God's put you at this time, it turns out so much better than you could've hoped or imagined. So, anyways, that's the lesson I'm trying to learn and put into practice in 2008. I'm here, it's now, I'm with who I'm with, and it's good.
Jenna

P.S. Check out this link for a youtube video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngqmcdgpY7o&feature=related

No comments: